Monday, April 6, 2020

4/6/2020

Dear Family,
                Does this new normal find you well?  I find joy in knowing that time flies.  Yesterday it seemed like my children were little.  Two days ago Adriel turned 19.  Thank you, friends and family, who sang to her on Zoom and facetime.  She said this Birthday was better than her 18th.  She enjoyed the calls, well wishes, and outpouring of love.  She thanked me for making pancakes and decorating.  She thanked Bobby for his special attention and she felt loved.  Yay!
I feel blessed when Adriel takes time to chat with me.  She is fun and is figuring life out.  I found it interesting that she makes a master list for all college assignments by the date due.  I also did that in college!  Chagrined Adriel said,  “I thought I was original.”  Little does she know my mother also made a master list.  Personality comes out in the most fascinating ways.  Being cut from the same cloth may be disappointing.  “Oh no, I’m turning into my mother.”  
Bobby and I did enjoy a nice walk this week.  I gave up social distancing from him outside because it was too depressing.  We are close in our home.  I am not concerned about how it looks outside for now.
I enjoyed playing a new Lord of the Rings board game with Bobby.  It is always fun to explore new things even if they aren’t that exciting.  I gave the board game to a family that is excited about it.   Not all games are a good fit for our family.
Thursday brought excitement.  Bobby brought home Toilet paper.  He was shopping for other things but saw TP available.  Ta Daaaaaaa!!!!
Seth remains sweet and understanding.  He was willing to give a hug when he saw I was down.  I appreciate my steady Seth.  He said, “I’m sleeping well now, it only took a global pandemic.”  To me, this shows who the true introverts are.  It also shows that Seth is not worried about the future.  Wow.
The youth group continues to meet on Zoom.  I enjoy seeing their faces.  Bobby still gives a wonderful relevant message.  I am enjoying the silly games we play after the message as well.  Listening to Seth laugh and enjoy warmed my heart.
Seth said, “I hope Golden Crown doesn’t go out of business.”  We reacted with, “Awww,” and smiles.  Then he said, “I’m not just saying that because I like their food.  I like the people too.”  What a blessing to hear Seth’s heart reach out in compassion.  We had to order some of their food!  Golden Crown is our family’s favorite restaurant in Salem.  I’ll have to look into how I can help their business grow.
May you find joy in the blessing of salvation, love, peace, and beauty all around us.  May your faith grow and may God hold you in his arms.  Much love,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment