Monday, May 27, 2019

Time to cook!


Dear Family,
                All our ins and outs.  All our comings and goings.  All the normal everyday things we do are made possible by those who fought, fight and even died for our freedom.  I am so thankful for the legacy they have left because of the freedom I have.  I am also thankful for a day to contemplate how wonderful God is.
                This week Bobby surprised the Middle School group by bringing them out to ice cream at McDonald's.  This group is easily excited so it was fun to swamp the store, see Adriel’s friend Jarvis, and take a picture of the adventure.  On the way home the kids started chanting, “Hit that car.”  This was reminiscent of the chant “Move that bus” on a tv show so it made Bobby’s day.  What made his day even better was the great theological questions during the lesson.  The kids were asking about free will, predestination and how that all works.  Maybe Bobby should take us out every week!
                Bobby cooked Shepherd's pie, scalloped potatoes, steak, and Tuna Sandwiches this week.  I sure did luck out!  Bobby also mowed the lawn this week and went to Adriel’s concert.  He was excited to know several teens in the band.  Bobby said he will be sad not to go to any more concerts.  I reminded him that next year Seth will do robotics.  Bobby wondered out loud if Seth will tell us any of their names. 
                Seth approached me once this week to say verses.  I was happily surprised.  Turns out Bobby was on deck and Seth prefers to say the verses to me.  Either way, I was glad to listen.  I am also glad to trade hugs with the family.  They are still here for now.  Yay.
                We also enjoyed a great potluck at the Fenn’s House for our home group.  I believe Seth will cure every cat of its desire to be held belly down.  Seth likes to cradle cats and eventually if they live with us, they have all given in.


                I love Adriel’s drawings.  I love how she thinks through my words and creates something perfect for the mood I am trying to portray. 
                Adriel mentioned to Bobby that she wants to learn how to cook.  Interesting that she approached him!  I was glad to see them cooking together on Saturday.  How fun!  Adriel made Bacon Asparagus with garlic.  Yum!  If she wants to learn how to bake, I can teach her.
                May you find joy in everyday activities.  May you share love with those you encounter.  May God fill you, lead you and guide you.  Hugs,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment