Monday, June 3, 2019

Celebrate!


Dear Family,
                It’s time to celebrate!  Happy Birthday to Seth who is 16, Happy Anniversary to Bobby and I.  We are 23 years married.  Happy Graduation to Adriel.  Woo Hoooo!!!  How wonderful to hear their deep voices, see them so grown-up and to experience their maturity.  Seth thanked me for waking him up on Sunday.  What a great guy!
                Pastor Marcus looked over at Seth during announcements and mentioned he is 16 that day.  The clapping was fun.  Seth did turn a bit red but he smiled when I asked later how he felt about the announcement.
                My friend Heidi Kravitz had to tell me a story about Seth.  Heidi was walking towards Seth when she saw her young daughter behind him.  Heidi said, “Hey Baby, How’s it going?”  Seth said “Fine” deadpan.  Heidi was wondering if Seth was joking.  Then he noticed her child and said, “Oh.”  My friend said she will forever call Seth her Baby.
                Seth approached me several times to say his verses this week.  This warms my heart!  By Friday he recited Colossians 2:6-21 all the way!  Yay Seth.
                Bobby brought home one doughnut that had been sitting in the hot car for a while.  I tried to eat it but the frosting mostly came off so I left the naked item in the doughnut box.  Seth came over with, “So there is no frosting on it?”  He seemed willing to eat anything in a doughnut box.  Then he saw and said, “It’s not even a doughnut any more.  It is just a sad bagel.”  He left it.
                Bobby and I had a wonderful week.  We walked and made new friends.  We spent most of the day together Memorial day and Saturday and it was great.  I cannot express how wonderful it is that Bobby and I get along.  These are not empty words.  Becoming one took a long time and included hard years.  God is the reason for the longevity of our marriage.  Yay God! 
                Bobby made some amazing dishes this week.  One focused on Seth for his Birthday.  Bobby knows how to make a day special!  Bobby also got up at 1:55 AM Sunday to listen to someone’s verses.  That is dedication!
                Adriel spent Memorial day cleaning her room.  She brought four boxes to a thrift store.  Good for her!  She is getting ready for college life.  Adriel received a scholarship and grant to Chemeketa.  She does want to graduate from WOU eventually.  For now, she is excited about being paid to go to college.  Why rack up debt now?  I think she is smart.  We are so proud of her.
                I enjoyed attending the Senior Awards night.  Adriel won several academic awards.  My favorite part was when she decided to skip the socializing and went out with me to Lime Berry, just us.  It was nice to spend some time with her alone.
                I am so blessed that our Mexico team was willing to do my dirty work.  They did a great job weeding the entire yard.  Such hard work!
                For those who sent cards, texts and gave congratulations in person.  Thank you!  How fun and exciting to celebrate true accomplishments.  Much Love,

Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment