Tuesday, June 11, 2019

Graduation!


Dear Family,
                It used to take two months to prepare for a party.  This time I condensed it into two days.  Wellllll, actually, when I think of going through all our photos.  That did take two months.  Either way, I am so thankful for my co-workers who did fine without me while I took some time off.  They are a blessing and I trust them.  They did great.
                Bobby worked hard this week.  He mowed the lawn, cooked, rearranged furniture, and was an amazing host.  Bobby also cooked one dinner this week but told me I wouldn’t like it.  No problem there.  I love cereal and peanut butter sandwiches.
                Bobby volunteered at Adriel’s graduation party.  After an all-night extravaganza, he plopped into bed at 5 A.M. excited and chatty.  “I could have gone on all night.  It was great.”  I believe he is either crazy or amazingly gifted.  It probably takes both to work with youth.  Bobby is a true extrovert.
                Bobby was overjoyed with your participation at Adriel's Graduation party.  Thank you all for coming.  He said, “That couldn’t have been a better party.”  It was nice to have adults and high schoolers over.  When we have a Junior High party there is usually an element of running so our house feels like a pinball machine.    
                Seth went to Adriel’s graduation.   Adriel was surprised he left the house and said so.  His response, “They made me,” just brought a knowing smile.  Of course, we did – I am glad we didn’t have to twist his arm.  After the graduation ceremony, Seth and I were both cold.  On the walk home I held his arm.  I told him, “I hope you don’t mind me being close, I’m cold.”  He said he was fine with it. 
                Adriel noticed and voiced appreciation for how much work we put into her graduation party.  Later she said – “I didn’t know how many people would come!  I was wondering why you were making so much food.”
                My parents are a true blessing.  I am so glad they came a day early.  They forced me to relax and enjoy myself.  They helped prepare for the party.  They warm my heart and bring me joy.  They are patient with my desire to walk for hours.  Without them, I would not exist. 
                Sundays Sermon was spot on and straight from God to me.  I am so blessed to sit under someone who listens to God, preaches from His word and helps me feel conviction  I am blessed by Pastor Marcus.
.
                May you also be blessed by God’s messengers.  May you listen, take it in and respond.  May you trust those around you and may they be worthy of that trust.  Much love J

Cristy

1 comment:

  1. I loved seeing your church and your house and celebrating a big step forward /a little bittersweet but mostly sweet/ (It ain’t easy saying goodbye to “your baby” )

    ReplyDelete