Monday, May 6, 2019

Not that bad


Dear Family,
                Having my ducks in a row gives me a smile.  I like things neat, clean and minimal.  Having a child out of the state did not make me smile.  I am glad Adriel came home from a weekend trip to visit friends.  She paid for her own plane tickets, flew by herself and had fun.  Adriel did say she missed me.  She also asked, “So how did it feel having me gone a couple of days?”  I said, “Normal” and meant it.  Yet, when I think of it, I did have some withdrawals.  I dreamed sex slavers stole her, prayed like crazy and texted more often than normal just to make sure she was alive.  Yes, I missed her, my beautiful girl, out there alone in the world.  Yikes!
                Adriel drew two drawings this week!  She also gave several hugs which I will miss when she goes to college.  Adriel also told me I have to tell Seth he needs to shave his mustache.  “No, I think it’s cute.”  She may be exasperated but I like the sign of Seth’s maturity.  Bobby also said Seth has to shave because it is awkward.  I looked it up and Seth looks fine compared to this guy.

                Seth continues to say verses.  He’s doing two at a time through Colossians 2:6-21.  I am so glad he doesn’t fight me.  He likes going to camp and this does earn him a scholarship.
                Seth showed me a strong bias against sexism.  We listened to a snippet of “Breaking Cover: My Secret Life in the CIA and What It Taught Me.”  Michele Assad said she was looked over during training because of her gender.  Seth mentioned that was bad with disdain.  We have been watching ALIAS season 1 so we have a mutual feeling that females can do kickboxing way better than men.  Yeah, it is unrealistic but this true CIA story sure is fun to listen to and I love Seth’s input. 
                Bobby cooked several wonderful meals.  He was especially pleased when Seth went back for thirds!  How fun.  Bobby also showed a lot more patience than I believe I will ever possess.  He helped Adriel figure out how to get home when the airport was having massive technical difficulties.  He was available all day Monday to bring her home from the airport.  What a great dad.
                Youth group again had comedy gold.  A Wenius is a slang term used to describe the skin at the tip of the elbow.  You can imagine the jokes in the middle school group. 
                Bobby and I enjoyed the annual Mission Mexico Team Quatro De Mayo dinner.  It was fun to enjoy great company and fabulous food.
                Bobby was excited to get a smoker and some other various things from his mom.  Seth helped load – yay for a strong son!  We are blessed by Bobby’s mom.  He’s excited to cook on it and already made pork.  Yum!  Thanks mom!
                May you be glad when your ducks are in a row.  May God comfort you when they are not.  May you grow, enjoy and love those around you.  Hugs,



Cristy

               

No comments:

Post a Comment