Monday, May 20, 2019

The brave stranger!


Dear Family,

            Winning the heart of a child can feel like one of the most precious gifts.  Sunday I was in the nursery waiting for the little ones to come.  Our first ‘customer’ Regan came in, happily walked in the door, opened her arms to me and snuggled right in.  How precious!  She knows me from weeks past and has always loved me.  This Sunday she was especially cuddly.  I also enjoyed a party this Saturday where I chatted with co-workers at a 1-year-olds party.  I enjoyed winning the heart of Paisley. That she reached out to be held felt lovely indeed.  I find it a rare treat to have little people cuddles.
            I enjoyed some drama this weekend.  Bobby and I were taking a walk in the park when we saw the Kravitz family.  They are so full of life and fun!  The kids are pre-school and grade school age.  Bobby was teasing Elsie by taking her scooter.  Her dad yelled out, “Hey, that man is stealing your scooter!”  Bobby began to ride away on the ‘stolen’ goods.  He got about 15 feet away when a small boy Kindergarten age ran up and attacked him.  Bobby thought it was big brother so he hammed it up and fell with exaggerated moans.  Meanwhile, the stranger’s parents were alarmed.  They had no clue why their little boy had attacked. The boy gave Elsie her scooter back and several of us clapped for the little one and he raised his arms in the sky.  He was so brave
            Bobby did an amazing and wonderful job on youth Sunday.  The youth did greeting, ushering, giving testimonies, singing, playing instruments, child care, and Seth helped in the sound booth.  Bobby preached a great sermon, led the youth well and was so glad to be done.

            Bobby also cooked a yummy dinner.  Seth said, “Dad should cook more of this, it’s great,” as he was eating leftovers.  I also enjoyed playing games with Bobby and the Fenn’s.  How fun to enjoy friends, have time to compete and be silly.
            Adriel is growing up and contemplating how she will go about graduating from WOU.  She opened her own checking account and got her own debit card.  Good for her!  Pray for wisdom as she contemplates starting out at Chemeketa Community College or not.  Adriel continues to draw one drawing a week and I love her artistic ability.  She is amazing!  Cute but true.  Adriel thanked me for having extra shampoo on hand.  She did not have to go to the store, just storage.  I am also glad Adriel went to a Birthday party for her friend DJ on Saturday.  I said I would go but I was having so much fun at my co-worker's party I did miss DJ’s.  Adriel and Bobby represented our family well.
            Seth continues to hone his verses. He is saying three at a time.  Wow.  He mowed the lawn and continues to walk home.  I am proud of how he does not mind helping out in the sound booth.  He’s a great guy, my Seth.
            May you enjoy the activities God has for you.  May you be glad what you do is His will.  May you love those you encounter and may you earn the hearts you work hard to love.

Hugs,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment