Monday, May 28, 2018

Memorial Day 5/28/2018

Dear Family,

                It’s wonderful that I can look back and say God continues to work in and around us. 
                Bobby truly is a blessing to me.  He cooked twice this week.  The latest was the most wonderful dinner, and I was very sad to see there weren’t many leftovers.  As Dr. Seuss said, “Don’t cry because it’s over, Smile because it happened.”  And so I am. 
                Bobby also took a walk with me one evening, and because we were outside, he had me hold the ladder while he attacked and destroyed three wasp nests.  Our protector and hero!  Yay.  Bobby and I also enjoyed a date this week.  He was thankful when I helped at youth group.  Bobby smiled and felt fulfilled when we had a group of youth over to see the old movie, Krull.  It’s fun to see my man happy and satisfied.
                Adriel enjoyed watching the new Solo movie with Bobby.  Because she managed to get a nap in beforehand so was not too tired the day after.  She even said she wasn’t embarrassed to be the daughter of the guy who dressed up with a cape.
                Adriel went to play a game with friends, and I mentioned I was jealous.  She then invited me to come!  How exciting.  When I said, “Yes,” she changed her toon!  Oh well.
                Adriel was very blessed by Grandma Webb this Saturday.  Anyone who will take Adriel shopping is brave and in for a long haul.  I am glad grandma enjoys Adriel’s company. 
                Seth was insistent last Tuesday that he had to get home as soon as possible and do homework.  I was leery of this behavior, but he said, “People are counting on me mom, it’s a group project!”  I love that Seth was thinking of others.
                Seth also mentioned, “It’s too bad you didn’t get upstairs to pet the kittens.”  This comment also shows Seth was thinking of me and I find it very sweet.  We had a potluck for home group, and the kittens had only been there eight hours, so they were upstairs.  I’ll get to see them later, I am sure.
For Memorial day: As we ponder the sacrifices that have been made so that we might be free.  As we enjoy breathing and living may we feel blessed, loved and may our love extend to all those around us.
Much Love,



Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment