Monday, May 14, 2018

5/14/18 Happy Mothers Day!

Dear Family,
I have a joke I heard from Sunday school.  Thanks Hal Washburn.  A professor asked the class to look out the window.  “Do you see the birds?”  The class replied affirmatively.  “Do you see the trees?”  The class also said, “Yes.”  Then he said, “Do you see God?”  The class responded, “No.”  And the professor said, “That’s because there is no God.”  A student responded with, “Do you see the professors tie?”  The class said, “Yes.”  “Do you see his shoes?”  The class also said, “Yes.”  Then he said, “Do you see his brain?” 
I am thankful for my mothers; biological, in law and adopted.  I’ll even say I’m great full for those who mother me, take their time to bring me along and show me the ropes.  I hope you all had a wonderful day.  I sure did!  Yay for restaurants and great cooking.  Yay for a family that loves me and yay for youth Sunday.  How fun it was to see the kids up on stage or in the back working hard to showcase themselves.
Bobby preached great even though he doesn’t like it.  Bobby also worked hard organizing all the youth volunteers.  They handed out bulletins, greeted people coming in, passed around the offering plate, sang, spoke, manned the soundboard and handed out Mothers day flowers.

Bobby took the AC unit out of under the house and installed it.  He knew the hot weather is coming and is now prepared.  He also made a wonderful chicken meal this week and continues to make the bed every day.  I am so glad my Bobby is good company in general.  Bobby visited his Mom and Sister this week.  I am so glad he can spend time with them and listen.  I am glad there is love!  Bobby also arranged for he and I to play board games with the Fenn Adults.  I hadn’t relaxed that well in weeks! 
I am so thankful for our prayer group.  This week especially I needed to change my attitude from, “They aren’t hiring at my job, and I NEED three more people” to, “How can I make this work?”  I went in angry and came out with a better attitude and direction.  Crazy but true, stopping cookie sales helps.  Turning to God helps!  Leaving my burdens at His feet, asking for His direction – even in obscure places like work.  Yes, God is full of wisdom, turning to Him is the best decision I keep on making.
Seth mowed the lawn this week.  He’s so funny, the first day it started to rain, so I understand why he had to stop.  The next time he just did a bit and then the third day that week he finished up.  It takes so much time to clean the mower I would do it all at once.
Adriel was very sweet to me this week.  She was purposeful, and it was nice.  Adriel also fixed our washing machine!  It takes strength, dexterity, and determination to do this.  It also took about an hour and a half plus some cuts.  We paid her of course – I had called an appliance repairman, but then I remembered this one never calls back and before I could call another one Adriel said she would do it.
Adriel babysat several times this week, and it’s fun hearing her stories.  She was with a two-year-old as her first babysitter ever.  How special J.
Ripley likes being in Adriel’s room.  I find this sad but understand.  Adriel’s room does smell good.  I like being there as well. 
May you be kind to all you encounter.  May you find peace, knowing that God loves you.  May you follow His example and forgive those who wrong you.  Much love,


Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment