Monday, May 21, 2018

5/21/18 Blessings!

Dear Family,
                Sometimes the meaning of a word can be so different to so many people.  Honestly, I will admit that Saturday Night Live skewed a saying for me.  My definition of “Church Lady” is someone who nags or hits people with a Bible.  It’s not pretty.  When my son got in someone’s face a year or two ago, I said, “Sorry my son went all ‘church lady’ on you.”  We laughed, and she let it go.  (Seth was insisting they bring their children to the main service, not just Sunday school.)  All this is backstory.  Adriel and Bobby were reminiscing about how wonderful their trip to Hawaii was.  Adriel mentioned how wonderful the women leaders were and even one was so nice she was like a “Church lady” even though she probably didn’t go to church.  Huh!  Guess who has the “right” definition of church lady in their head!  Not me.  I am so very glad Adriel thinks highly of ladies that go to church.  I do also – I just hadn’t put it into the correct term.  “Church ladies” are some of the most wonderful, heart connections I will ever have.  I have been re-trained. 
                This week, work was hard.  I called Bobby; he let me cry and told me he would pray for me.  He helped me get thru that day.  There aren’t many days of school left.  Already work is much better. 
                Adriel continues to babysit, work hard, and even did a concert and audition this week.  She is good enough for Wind Ensemble – the highest concert band that West Salem offers.  I am proud of her.  I miss her, but I am proud.
                Adriel enjoyed a trip to Portland with Bobby and the youth group.  She even invited her boyfriend, David.  Bobby can say the word, “Boyfriend” now without any sign of fainting.  Yay!

                I truly enjoy my time with Bobby even if we are doing something silly like making a cape.  He is fun and gets excited, which is entertaining.  I am so glad he’s great company.  He cooked a great meal Monday.  I love how he is willing to make yummy dishes for us.
                Bobby is also very good at helping me word things.  He can look over blessings or a letter and lets me know what is appropriate to say.
                Seth continued to get school work done and mowed the lawn again.  I am sure he is excited for summer when the lawn dries up a bit and when there is no more school work.
                Yay for the anticipation of a break.  May your future be bright, your present be delightful and your past stay where it belongs.  May you be so pleased that any past wrongdoings are forgiven and cleansed by our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ!  Much Love,


Cristy
PS One funny thing that truly blesses me is a soap my mother gave me that I finally opened.  Mint!  It makes my entire shower smell so good!  I breath in and just feel wonderful.  Funny, smells do that for me.  Good smells make life enjoyable!  Thanks, Mom!
                

No comments:

Post a Comment