Sunday, April 21, 2024

4/21/24

 


Dear Family,

 

          I feel blessed that I can be helpful.  I enjoy working overtime always and am glad to be of service.  Yay!  I am enjoying 10 hour days and still have energy after that to help with youth group.  God is showing me so much about what I can handle and what does and doesn’t wear me down.  I am excited to consider a future where I have more energy!  Please pray with me as I interview for desk jobs.  I figured out my sitting pain is mostly because we have bad chairs and a wood bench at home.

          Youth group remains a great place to seek, learn about, and grow in God.  I was encouraged Wednesday night when several students came even though their friends did not.  One even told me that they are getting closer to God and felt called to come!  Yay!  God is at work all around us! 

          Funny things are also still said during group time.  I recall someone asking where so and so was.  The answer, “He’s probably annoying a small child,” was silly.  Also, when Bobby said, “Guess the theme for camp.”  Someone answered, “Pineapple.”  Sometimes random answers are the best.  When someone tried to answer a blank with, “Hellish” for We live in a H----- world.  Someone else had to mention, “It’s because he’s public schooled.”  I enjoy the laughter and fun we have.  Joking around and learning about God!  Bonus!

          Our children are working and in school.  They are productive members of society and I also get to hear from them an, “I love you,” or a, “Hello.”  How blessed I feel when they pick up the phone.  I am glad that there is some connection even in the business. 

          I enjoyed working 57 hours this week and look forward to doing it again next week.  My favorite thing is that Bobby mowed the lawn and took the garbage to the curb and back without me even mentioning it.  I am amazed that I still had energy to watch a play and am still enjoying life.  I thought I might be a lot more tired but life remains wonderful.  This is because of Bobby.  He’s thankful and loving 😊 Yay!  Also, the ability to keep on reminds me of Isaiah 40:31, “Those who hope in the LORD will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles; they will run and not grow weary, they will walk and not be faint.  Because the kids no longer need me as a caregiver, I have opportunity to work and I am so glad I can.

          May you also find joy in your journey.  May you work as unto the Lord and find it a privilege to do the tasks set before you.

 

Much love,

 

 

Cristy 

By the way the answer to the fill in the blank is, “Hungry.”

No comments:

Post a Comment