Monday, April 15, 2024

4/15/24

 

Dear Family,

 

               Nice weather is so pleasant!  I have been glad to walk in my favorite weather – cloudy.  Sun hurts my eyes but cloudy is just right!  I have met interesting people, enjoyed that I am able and avoided paying parking fees.  I remain very thankful that Bobby drives me in the mornings.  Yay, It’s working out to have two jobs.  Buuuut, if any female is going from West Salem over the bridge at 6:15 AM, and wants to give me a ride to or near the Department of Revenue let me know.  It would be fun to chat with you as well.

               Both youth groups were fun this week.  My favorite part about middle school group was when Bobby was describing how we cast our cares upon God.  He was trying to illustrate throwing and seemed to not find the best word for “cast.”  He noticed I was smiling and asked what word I was thinking of.  “Yeet” was a fun word for “toss” and we did have a laugh about that.  A fun joke in High School group was when Bobby brought out some marshmallows that were in the shape of Bunnies, Chicks or Eggs.  One student yelled out, “Chicks, I love chicks!”  This brought some chuckles.  Later a student wanted to flick one of the chicks and call it a “Chick flick.”

               One blessing is the emergence of new life.  When someone gifts us a flower bulb, that is potential.  When the bulb is planted, watered by God and then starts emerging that is exciting.  Bobby and I are both anticipating new flowers and it’s fun to see that they didn’t die in the ground, no, they are alive and well!

               I am glad that there is fun everywhere we go.  May you enjoy those you encounter every day.  May you delight in new beginnings and things that spring out of the ground (flowers, not creepy bad guys).  Much love,

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment