Monday, October 3, 2022

10/3/22

 Dear Family,

            Panic mode is never fun.  I don’t think straight.  I was almost ready to go to work when I found out my friend (who I did spend time with) had tested positive for covid. I usually leave early so I barely had time for a test we had stored away.  I started the test but then thought – I better start driving to be on time.  The car wouldn’t start.  Panic!  I paid $85 for a tow truck driver to jump start my car when I could have had Bobby go buy jumper cables .  Ugh!  I could have knocked on neighbors' doors for that.  Either way, Bobby drove me to work after I dropped it off at Firestone (who sold me a new battery).  Such a saga of sadness and frustration.  I did get to work an hour late and we were fine.  No covid.  All this to say:

            Bobby drove me to and from work.  We spent time after work enjoying each other’s company and survived a crazy morning.  Yay.

            Seems like a lot of women from the retreat came down with COVID.  Work still needed me when I had no symptoms and tested negative.  Bobby, on the other hand, asked me to not go to Youth Group Tuesday night to stay on the safe side.  It felt weird not to go but I understand being cautious.  I’m so glad for prayer. God is in control.  Whatever happens, will be for our good.

            Wednesday I took two COVID tests both negative and ate a sandwich (which tasted like sand the last time I had COVID).  The Sandwich tasted good.  Forget worrying.  I declared myself well and went to youth group that night.

            The High Schoolers were very excited to be together.  There was laughter, high energy, new friendships, and joy.  Bobby peeks during prayer which is why he had to announce after prayer that someone had been tickling someone else’s toes the entire time.  Most thought this was about someone and his girlfriend.  When Bobby named a name we were surprised to find out he had been playfully teasing the male on his other side.  How bizarre.

            Later Bobby asked how we are using our talents.  Several students play instruments well.  One helps out in the Junior High group.  But somehow it came up that if any helper happened to be tickling calves during Junior High group the service would have to end.  No more helping out.  This was met by much laughter and that whole tickling calves was the running joke of the night.  Bobby is hoping this will never happen again and I think it won’t.

            Matthew 4:4 says the Bible is our source of Spiritual food.  It was comical when Bobby said we should eat the Bible.

            Bobby cooked Chicken Salad, mac and cheese, and pizza for dinners this week.  I am so blessed to have a man willing to take care of dinner.  I am less picky than he is so it’s nice for him to take that on if we are going to eat something cooked.

            Adriel and I had a lovely conversation on the phone.  I am glad she is growing, loving, and pressing on toward her goals.  She is a delight to be with and a joy to hear from.  I am glad whenever I see her or hear from her.  We also saw her at lunch on Saturday when we celebrated birthdays with my parents.  It was fun to talk about world events, how life is going, and rehashing lovely past memories.

            School has started for Seth.  He remains diligent in his studies and continues to be a bright spot in our lives.  He is so sweet!  He also voluntarily played a board game with us.  I enjoyed his humor, engagement, and sarcastic comments.

            My parents came down to celebrate birthdays.  They are patient, loving, and enjoyable.  They don’t mind visiting the UGM Mission Store.  They pour love into us and are delightful to be around.  I enjoy their company.

            May you also enjoy those who visit.  May you delight in any time someone offers.  May you be so blessed that God can bless others thru you.  Love and hugs, Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment