Monday, September 26, 2022

9/26/22

Dear family,

 

            Supporting each other means different things to different people.  I, a hug and kindness go a long way. 

Seth noticed I was emotional and asked if there was anything he could do for me.  I asked for a hug and that was very nice.  He offered kind words.  I am glad he has a soft heart and a desire to be helpful.

Seth pruned the lamb’s ear.  He also cut up a massive sunflower.

Bobby vacuumed, fixed the oven bulb, and made dinner Monday.  He has been helpful around the house, and I am blessed that he wants to better our lives. 

Tuesday night the Junior High group was fabulous.  There was excitement just being together again in the youth room.  One person asked after music, “Can I tell a joke?” Bobby’s quick and emphatic, “No” was met with laughter.  The person said, “Well, everyone laughed anyway.”  Later when Bobby mentioned that we were created for God’s pleasure.  He was saying it’s not like he was lonely and he needed to make us or like Minecraft with all the building.”  A student said with wonder, “Or, is it?”  When everyone laughs and I feel it burst out of me I just have to write things down.  I am thankful for our vibrant youth and the joy they bring.

Wednesday night I enjoyed our high school group.  I sat next to two people and told them I appreciated their words.  One said, “Thank you” and I said, “No, thank you!”  This went back and forth a bit then a person said, “You can thank my mom.  She made me.  . . But we don’t talk about my siblings.” 

Bobby was telling people about prayer etiquette.  We shouldn’t interrupt when people are . . . Ohhh, cool socks!”  He interrupted himself to mention someone’s socks.    This made me laugh. 

Bobby mentioned that serving God means we hold back the urge to throw people down the stairs.  He mentioned how it’s OK for some reason to tease Rich about being old because that doesn’t hurt his feelings.  Throwing him down the stairs on the other hand would be bad.  When I said, “Yeah, that could kill him.”  The group sobered until someone said, “I have a friend that got paid $200 to do a backflip down the stairs.”  This generated some interest and talk about hospital bills.  His friend did have bruises but got paid and didn’t need to go to the hospital.  Oh to be made of rubber like the youth are.

Bobby also folded my laundry and has been a listening ear about my overwhelming emotions.  This week has been a doozy.  Sunday’s sermon stirred up a hornet’s nest inside me.  I was mad about things that happened a long time ago.  We were all concerned about what was going to come up next.  I had a good talk with my friend and hopefully, my emotions will stay calm regarding the past.  We all thought we were doing OK.  Goodness!  God is at work.  I guess hard times make us stronger, better, and more able to serve Him.

            The women’s retreat was lovely.  I have to remember to invite friends and family.  I never think about it until I am already there.  Such a great time and I loved hiking with old friends.  We don’t get to spend much time through the year but time together at a retreat is a true and rich blessing.

            May you find your time to be rich, full of love, and full of laughter.  Hugs,

 

 

Cristy VanKleek 





No comments:

Post a Comment