Monday, September 12, 2022

9/12/22

 Dear Family,

 

                Knowing others care warms the heart and gives depth to friendships.  Thank you for reading about our lives.  Those who see me in person, thank for you letting me know reading this means a lot or that you are glad to know about us.  I feel encouraged by your words, hugs, and love.  We are blessed by you!

                Bobby enjoyed playing disc golf with some youth.  He did mention that he feared for his life when the youth was driving.  Don’t worry, he also fears for his life when I drive.  It’s hard not being in control when you are the firstborn (and according to Bobby, when they both drive poorly).

Bobby enjoyed fishing with his dad, and I am glad they had a great time together.  I don’t like fishing or being away from town, so I am very glad they didn’t need my presence.  

Bobby pulled up all our Staghorn Sumac tree baby starts.  There were a lot.  He did extreme weeding!  I am so grateful for his help with yard work.

Bobby used up some extra chicken to make an amazing casserole.  I love it that he is the primary cook.  He was also excited to make Birthday steaks.  His mom gave him money specifically for that, so he was happy to comply.  I’m sticking with cereal – meat with fat grosses me out.  But I am very glad for him.

While relaxing and in a great mood Bobby mentioned, “I’m so glad we get along.”  I agreed wholeheartedly.  Then he said, “I’m so glad you changed.”  This made us both laugh because although I have changed dramatically, he has also made major improvements to his character.  That we do get along is a testimony to God, counseling, old age, and love.  But, yes, boy have we both changed, and it has helped us relate better.

                Seth continues to prune ferns.  There really are that many.  They came with the broken-up brick I received for free.  All plants and living creatures seem to create more as time goes on.   God has given me two strong men to help with yard work and it’s a beautiful thing!

                Seth and I had a great talk Tuesday night and I am glad I was on his schedule that day.  I slept in, worked late, and had time to see him in the morning and evening. 

                May you also be purposeful about seeing your loved ones.  May you enjoy the time you have with them.  May your heart be glad when you have spent time with those you love.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy






 

No comments:

Post a Comment