Monday, August 29, 2022

8/29/22

 Dear Family,

 

Sleep is so wonderful.  The other night I dreamed I was exhausted but couldn’t get to sleep.  That was a weird feeling to wake up with.  I am very glad I do feel rested most mornings. 

Seth cleaned the bathrooms and pruned the rest of the lilies.  He also pruned the Rhododendron bush.  I am glad he is helpful around the house.  Seth and I went out to Lunch on Friday.  He was great company and said, “Thank you” enough times that I know he enjoyed himself as well.  I enjoyed talking about what is happening in the world and his take on it.

Bobby went backpacking with the youth group.  I am glad he had fun and is home safe.  He also made beef jerky with the dehydrator and shared it with Seth and me.  I am glad for yummy food 😊.

`At Church on Sunday, I answered a question to Bobby saying, “It was wonderful, perfect, fabulous.”  He then replied, “Just like me.”  I really enjoy that he jokes like this now.  It shows less insecurity.  In our early marriage, he worried about “us” and I am glad he doesn’t anymore. 

I had lunch with Adriel on Thursday.  She is delightful!  I went to her office to drop items off before going to lunch.  The people there said, “We love Adriel!”  It was fun to share our mutual affection.  I am very glad to see my Adriel.  I had been missing her.  I told her the lady on the side desk was making copies of things.  Adriel was then suspicious.  How old do you think that lady is?  I guessed right and Adriel was chagrined.  If that age is close to hers, “Does that mean I am a lady too?”  “Oh, I don’t like being old.”  I understand the feeling.  Life seems to speed up sometimes.

As we find life marching forward may we look to God for direction.  May we follow His lead, do His will and find joy in that.  May our desires find joy in Him.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy

Also, a picture from the garden because life is pretty.




No comments:

Post a Comment