Monday, August 1, 2022

8/1/22 Rabbits!

 Dear Family,

 

            Bobby left on Tuesday, excited to go hiking with a friend.  I am glad he had fun with Kevin.  I’m also glad that he decided to come home instead of hiking 100 miles alone.  It is good to be safe with family.  He didn’t want to hike in the heat.  I didn’t want him hiking alone.  It is never good to be alone in the elements.  Also, there are enough fires that some of the PCT is closed now.  Good choice Bobby!

            Bobby made tuna fish sandwiches which I had really been craving.  I am glad he cooks for us when he is home. 

            Seth mowed lawns this week and remained loving and sweet.  I don’t always see much of him but what I do see is lovely.  He decided to join us in visiting our parents for their 50-year anniversary celebration.  I am blessed that he went voluntarily.  He enjoyed the trip and is glad he went.

            It has been so hot this week that as I was driving home after work Monday (7:30 PM) I saw a naked man walking toward me on front street.  This struck me as hilarious and after I drove by him I laughed about how ridiculous Salem has become.  The next day during devotions I felt convicted that I could have given him water and sunscreen.  At work I mentioned the naked man and my coworker said, “Yeah, he tried to come in here, but we wouldn’t let him.  We had the police take him away.”  When I mentioned I could have offered him water she said, “He was too far gone.”  All this to say, “It was hot!”

            Adriel drove up Friday to visit my sister and her family and then go to my parents 50-year Anniversary celebration.  I enjoyed seeing her there!  Celebrating my parents’ anniversary was special.  Not only did we get to visit and enjoy good company, but mom made peach salmon which is a favorite.  We reminisced how blessed they are with neighbors who gave the fish and a place they volunteered at providing potatoes. 

It was lovely seeing my sister and her kids as well.  They really are growing up!  Addie has her license now and it is fun knowing she can help her mom out with errands. 

            May you also enjoy summer visits with friends or family.  May you find those you love to be a blessing.  May you give and find in return you are blessed as well.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy




1 comment: