Monday, April 4, 2022

4/4/22

 Dear Family

                I am so glad Adriel was willing to come over and help eat salad.  It pains me to throw food away and I know there are not many people in my family that will eat the amount I made.  Bobby helped too.  Food was not wasted.  Life is good J.  Adriel chatted with us and was sweet as she normally is.  I also saw evidence that Adriel came over a couple of other times.  Her laundry came and I texted to let her know I had put the clothes outside on a line to dry because it was such nice weather.  She was concerned because when I texted it was raining.  April fools!

We had a fun family lunch for Adriel’s Birthday on Sunday.  I was glad to have a couple hours between church and work.  My parents made the effort to join us from the Seattle area just for that lunch.  We are blessed by their love and sacrifice.  It was nice to be with Adriel and enjoy her adult self.

Bobby made yummy soup and Shepherds pie this week.  I enjoy his cooking and made eggs out of some of the items that didn’t make it into the pie. 

                I saw a friend while at work and said “Hi” to her young son.  He was a little shy and when we asked if he remembered me he said, “No.”  Both of us were OK with that but then I mentioned, “I am Pastor Bobby’s wife.”  Seeing someone light up and transform is super fun.  He smiled, became animated, and said, “I tackle him!”

                The youth group has some great quotes this week.  One person mentioned, “I speak for the trees.  Respect the amazon or I’ll break your knees.”  When this was repeated another person said, “That’s the most true thing I have ever heard”.

Bobby didn’t want the distraction of drawing during singing time.  The person disagreed that they were drawing.  They said, “If anything I was putting the pencil to paper”.  This was so clever the person had to mention, “That’s the smartest thing I have ever said.”

Bobby wanted to set a standard.  He said, “Tonight you are going to be kind to each other.”  A teen popped up with, “That’s going to be a challenge!”

Sometimes when others are called on to read they can be confused by 2 Chronicles being Corinthians.  Bobby mentioned, “You are not in 2 Corinthians yet”.  Another teen had to look over in disgust. “You had one job.”

Bobby was trying to teach humility, specifically humility while we pray.  He said, “In some ways I make you pray with humility by having you pray for other people’s requests instead of your own.”  A teen was aghast, “You tricked me!” 

I felt led to help Bobby with a game he made up for camp this summer.  He wanted tiger tails and that was an easy sewing project.  I had to sell it to him first so I made a sample.  He has been so excited about this that he helped complete the project with great joy and even bragged to a couple of friends.  How fun.  We made 31 baton shapes in animal print this week.  I am blessed when I bless others.

May you also find love, blessings, and wonderful feelings as you make the effort to bless others.  May you pay life forward and choose joy.  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment