Monday, April 11, 2022

4/11/22

 Dear Family,

 

            We are so blessed when it rains.  Spring means the growth of flowers, food, and life.  All feel the excitement of new birth as we are happy to see that plants made it thru the winter yet again.

            Youth group continues to be a fun place to learn about God and to hear more funnies.  Because Rich stole a lollypop Bobby asked, “Who thinks Rich is a stealer?  Raise your hand if you think Rich is a stealer.”  Several people raised their hands.  One youth said to another, “Raise your hand proud, I don’t know what it means either.” 

            When Bobby asked, “What do we call a relationship?” (for one of the blanks he was looking for the word “Friend” but a youth had to shoot back with), “Complicated.”

            When someone tried to trick another the person said, “I have eaten so many carrots, I see thru your techniques.”  I love how punny people can be.

            I enjoy learning new board games with Bobby.  Because we see things opposite there are always two ways to interpret the rules.  Sometimes this leads to games we simply cannot play together.  Most of the time it gives Bobby time to think about what the house rules (Bobby rules) will be for games before he introduces them to youth group or other friends and families.

Seth cooked pizza for dinner one evening.  When I thanked him.  He smiled and said, “Oh, you think that was for you?”  I have to laugh at his wit.  I am glad he is becoming self-sufficient.

Seth picked weeds from inside the lawn and I am blessed because he has time when I do not.  Seth put away the silverware and I like that he is helpful.  I am also glad Seth is 18 because now he counts if we are having work done.  Is there an adult in the house?  Yes, there is.

            When we asked Seth if he was going to vote now that he is 18 he said he would rather not.  We fought him on this stating Civic Duty and that people have fought for the right to vote.  His reasoning is this.  I don’t want to research something, take sides and then fight other people about something I don’t care about.  I truly understand what he is saying.  I agree that I don’t want to fight or take sides on many issues.  I would just like to get along with people. 

            May you also find ways to get along in your life.  May you find relationships are more important than issues.  May you love deeply and from your heart.  Hugs,

 

 

 

Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment