Monday, April 18, 2022

4/18/22 Easter love

 Dear Family,

            I hope you had a fabulous time celebrating Jesus' power over Death!  I am so glad for the forgiveness this affords.  We are blessed beyond measure!  Because of this freedom to live unencumbered by sin we are free to love, enjoy each other’s company and laugh at the bloopers of life.  I discovered several this week.

            At Youth Group the youth explained that pinky swearing meant if you didn’t do what you promised you were saying your pinky should be cut off.  Goodness!  Later Bobby explained that the new way of signing up for camp meant people had to memorize their verses early for the $100 scholarship.  The scholarship needed to be applied at signup with a special code.  One youth piped up with, “Couldn’t we just share the code with each other?”  Bobby came up with, “No because then we would have to take your pinkies and toes.”  Another youth quipped, “Well that turned dark fast.”  Bobby's come back was, “Ask how many toes he has.  8!”

            During the lesson, Bobby was trying to get the answer, “Shapes.”  He asked, “If you put this heart and a star next to it what do you have?”  Someone knew this, “Lucky charms.” 

            Seth cleaned some this week and was glad to help me buy a cat tree.  He let me know, “It’s not for the cat, I just like putting an item up high on it.”

            Seth mentioned, “When I move . . .”  I was shocked and said so.  This was the first I have heard that he will be moving out!  He said, “In for years or so, you don’t want me to be a man child living with you forever do you?”  No, I don’t – but now I feel our time with him is short.  I am sad because he is such great company.

            While watching a movie with Seth there was a dancing scene with balloons all over the ground.  He commented, “I bet many people tripped on those in the blooper reel.”  Those balloons looked very dangerous to him.

            Adriel spent some time with me for lunch this week.  I enjoyed hearing her heart and knowing that she is OK.  She is also fabulous company. 

            Our Easter celebration was lovely.  The preacher pointed to Jesus.  The music deepens my faith and warms my heart.  Our time with the Duval family is a blessing.  They are a loving family and we are blessed to share time with them all.  Bobby wanted me to share this story from his first Service experience while helping out with the 3-5-year-olds.  One said, “I colored the grass brown and dead just like Jesus,”  He assures me that they told the child Jesus is now alive.

            As I read Deuteronomy and the Old Testament laws I am convicted of the desperate situation our Sin leads us.  As we celebrated Jesus’ victory over Sin and Death I am overwhelmed by his compassion, power, and love.  We are truly blessed.  May you also feel his love!

 

Hugs,

 

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment