Monday, September 27, 2021

9/27/21

 Dear Family,

 

            Moments of sunshine, grace, and love all come together in a cracking hug.  The definition: #1 both parties must agree there will become a cracking hug and who will be cracked.  #2 a regular hug begins. #3 the person who will be cracked empties their lungs.  #4 the cracker squeezes just hard enough to crack the spine.  #5 Everyone is happy and feels all gooshy inside.  I feel good thinking about cracking hugs.

            Bobby gave Adriel her first cracking hug (from him) last week.  He was surprised that she asked specifically for a cracking hug.  Adriel's boyfriend knows this talent.  I was also able to crack his back.  It was fun to relate on such a feel-good level. 

            Adriel came over several times this week and it was fun to see her.  She helped me with some paperwork.  We had several nice chats.  Adriel came over to borrow the truck for some free chairs.  I must add here – her ability to find a good deal pleases me.  I love that I passed on that trait.  It puts things in their place.  We don’t have to worship the stuff we own – it was free.

            Adriel called to see if I was available for Lunch on Saturday.  I told her I’m working till Tuesday.  She said that’s a long shift.  I had to laugh.  I love that she is reaching out.

            I love that Seth is generous with the truck.  He lends and doesn’t grumble.  He is a sweet spirit, my Seth.

            Seth also pets our cat even though he finds her annoying.  I like that he demands, “Take care of your cat.”  It makes me smile that he cares.

            When my phone wasn’t doing what I wanted, Seth helped me.  I love that he doesn’t mind figuring tech out for me.  He has a knack for it and I am blessed.

            Bobby and I had a nice date this week.  It’s wonderful to get out, eat food and be together.  I also enjoyed youth groups.  When a youth burst out in song Bobby delighted in the reference.  When one told a joke I laughed out loud.  Youth keep us young.  People at my work think I’m in my 20’s till I tell them my kids are 18 and 20.

            Bobby cooked all day to make some yummy food on Saturday.  I enjoy not only the food but his delight in it.  He is so pleased. 

            Bobby bought a new game called “Dice Miner.”  He was happy when we played it.  The game is fun and he is excited to try it with more people.

            May you find joy in the day-to-day peace that God provides.  May you delight in the friends you encounter.  May your love grow tenfold as God pours His love into you J.  Love and Hugs,

 

Cristy


I believe this picture was taken by my dad when they were over a couple weeks ago.


           


           

1 comment: