Monday, August 30, 2021

New Job 8/30/21

 Dear Family,

Our cat has chosen Bobby as her favorite.  Bobby does not reciprocate these feelings, especially around 3 AM when she would like to be petted, and goes to him.  This gives me joy.  Am I a horrible person?

Bobby made brisket and scalloped potatoes one evening.  It is yummy.  Then he made some brisket into chili.  Even better!  I am so glad Bobby loves to cook.

Color Wars during Youth Group always makes for fun pictures.  I love that the youth enjoy themselves. 





I love coming home to our “full house.”  Bobby and Seth are good company and I delight in the gentle acknowledgment of a, “Hi.”  Nothing big, they don’t get up or anything.  I am just glad they are present. 

Adriel came over when I was not home and ate an overripe banana.  There were four with a banana bread recipe sitting on top of them.   I came home later and went to make the bread.  No bananas???  Weirdest feeling ever.  I felt like a toddler who says, “Someone came in, stole the one thing you are looking for, and ran away.”  Seth had no information except that it was no him.  Bobby, the same.  Adriel did text back after a while to say the rest of the bananas were on the top shelf of the freezer door.  The stems had fallen off when she took one.  Mystery solved.  Yay!  I haven’t lost my marbles yet.

Adriel also came over once when I was home.  I offered homemade granola and was dishing it up.  She said, “More” and it reminded me of Men in Black where the alien in an Edgar suit says, “More” to sugar.  I had to laugh.  I was sad that I was the only one eating granola.  Adriel also expressed sadness that her food doesn’t disappear in her apartment.  She is alone and has, “So much food.”  Learning to live and make a budget has its ups and downs. 

I start my new job picking out items for internet shoppers on Tuesday (Tomorrow).  The hiring manager had seen me doing this for instacart and was glad I chose to apply at the Broadway Fred Meyers.  Bobby and I are excited I get to do a similar job without using up our car.  Win-Win!  

As we are going – may God be glorified.  As we encounter others – may we represent God and ourselves well.  May we have grace for the hurting, love for all, and peace knowing that this really is not our home.  Love and hugs, Cristy

 

No comments:

Post a Comment