Monday, August 23, 2021

8/23/21

 Dear family,

                Shy, sly, and super-fly; that’s Seth’s smile.  I love it when he smiles because that joy is something he is trying to hide.  I sense shyness in how he holds back.  He is sly because sometimes he’s playing a joke.  He’s gauging if I get it. 

                Seth mowed the lawn this week.  This excites me because it promptly rained a day or two afterward.  Fall is just around the corner!

                I was talking with my dad, mom, and Uncle over the phone about Jackie Chan.  I think he’s fun to watch.  I looked him up on Wikipedia and told them fun facts as they were playing scrabble in Seattle.  I found out he was in his first movie at the age of 6.  After hanging up I found the movie on YouTube and watched it.  Seth was confused as to, “Why are you watching a movie you clearly don’t understand?”  It is not in English but the little people are adorable and their stunts are energizing.  I was cutting watermelon so I was only half-watching anyway.

                Bobby took Seth grocery shopping and taught him how to cook salmon and asparagus.  YUM!  I enjoyed the break from shopping and the delicious food.  How fun that dad is teaching son how to cook.  Yay!

                Bobby also made green beans (from a friend's garden) and spaghetti for dinner one night.  I enjoy the bounty, blessings, and hard work.  What a wonderful life we live.

                Bobby and I enjoyed dinner with the Kirkpatrick family.  What fun and sweet people!  It is nice to get out of the house every so often.  They cooked amazing food.  We are blessed by their friendship.

                Bobby took me to red robin this week.  We enjoyed our time together.

                Water kickball was fun even in seventy-degree weather.  I enjoyed taking pictures and seeing the youth again after a month of Bobby being at camp or camping. 

                Adriel came over Monday for lunch and I delight in her company.  She’s our cameo appearance.  The flower that brings beauty wherever she goes (and laundry).

                Thanks for praying with me about my job situation.  I had two good interviews and am now waiting for their decision to hire me or not. 

                May you also be excited about the future that God holds in your life.  May you enjoy the life we are given and may you pray with me for those in the world who face so much hardship.

Love and hugs,

 

Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment