Monday, July 5, 2021

7/5/21

 

Dear Family,

 

            The harvest is plentiful but the workers are few.  This is not just about the spiritual life.  I am so thankful for people who signed up to pick raspberries!  They are willing to give of their time.  YAY!!  I enjoy picking 15 minutes a day (breakfast and some extra to freeze, about 3 cups this morning) but I am so blessed I don’t have to do an hour every day.  And you are happy to do it!  Thank you my friends for coming out to pick!  Your willingness is what keeps me from chopping them down. 

            Seth remains sweet and hilarious.  Bobby and I are trying new shows.  ‘The Rosanne show’ has, “Horrible advice,” and Seth is right.  A different show, ‘Star Wars: The Bad Batch’ brought the comment, “Finally some quality programming.”  We never know if Seth is listening because he’s at his computer doing his own thing but his brain can multitask like the best of them.  Seth also mowed the lawn this week and that is a blessing.

            Adriel is working three jobs right now.  She continues at the law firm.  She took on a 6-midnight shift ad the ASAP market on Lancaster and then Tuesday morning she did not come home.  This scared me.  After some phone calls (ASAP to confirm the last time someone saw her alive, the boyfriend who hadn’t seen her – aghhhhhh).  Adriel contacted us saying she was house sitting.  Bobby was not impressed when I said, “Oh yeah.”  She really has to tell him these things.  I would forget my head if it wasn’t attached.

            It was wonderful to see Adriel when she came home for food, clothes, and shampoo.  She remains our cameo appearance.

            Adriel did mention her new co-worker said, “You have a good work ethic!”  This, because she began breaking down boxes instead of just standing there.  She replied, “I got that from my mom.”  Awww shucks – I do love productivity! 

            In his prayers, Seth is very concerned Adriel will burn out with lasting consequences.  I told him she will be fine and just quit a job if worse comes to worst.  He is not convinced.

            Bobby fixed a toilet.  He bought the parts and everything.  Yay!  Bobby also fixed several amazing meals and we are very happy to eat them.  And he made his amazing raspberry ginger pie.  YUM!

            As our family empties the nest I am excited to see what the future holds.  May you also look forward with joy in your hearts.  Much Love,

 

 

Cristy


PS I am glad for friends who walk and the beauty of Riverfront.  This wasn't taken this week but it's still pretty.



No comments:

Post a Comment