Monday, July 19, 2021

7/19/21

 Dear Family,

 

            Normally the week of High School camp is lonely.  Seth, my permanent fixture and hug taker, is gone.  This year Adriel is too old to go and was especially huggy.  This, because, as she put it several times, “I’ll only be here x days.”  Each day her count down has fewer days.  She moves out on August first and is excited.  

            Skyra has kept me company when I am home.  I also enjoy my Instacart job because I can work as many hours as I want.  I love being productive so I have enjoyed working very much.

            Thank you friends who came to pick raspberries!  They are not as bountiful now.  I’ll prune so there are only enough for daily breakfast.  Yum!

            Seth was willing to spend his own money to attend camp this year.  I was trying to figure out why while driving him to camp.  I asked, “What are you expecting?” He said, “I don’t know.”  After several other probing questions with similar results, I asked, “What is your favorite part of camp?”   When Seth said, “Everything.”  I decided to leave it at that.  I am glad he likes going to camp.

            One story emerged after camp.  Seth was washing his feet and a counselor commented.  Seth's quick wit had him laughing, “I’m washing my feet because no one else will.” 

            I am very glad to have Seth home.  I enjoy his company, hilarious sarcasm and sweet presence.  Yay! 

            Bobby and Adriel will enjoy hiking the Pacific Coast Trail this week (PCT).  I am glad they will have that time together.  I am also glad I don’t have to go.  They are hiking between 20-25 miles a day.  40 lb packs are too heavy for my liking.  I am glad they enjoy their adventurous time together.

            May you also find something you enjoy and may you have fun doing it.  Much love,

 

 

Cristy




No comments:

Post a Comment