Monday, July 12, 2021

7/12/21

 Dear Family,

 

            I will treasure these last days with the family home.  Adriel is moving soon and I may only see her if I take her out to lunch.  She found a cute studio apartment and plans on living there alone.  She has jobs to support herself and I am proud of her decisions to work hard and spread her wings.

            I did take her out Wednesday.  She was sweet and lovely.  When I mentioned difficulty registering Seth at Chemeketa she mentioned that she did this all by herself thank you very much.  She didn’t even ask for help.  Adriel is independent and amazing. 

            I am blessed that Adriel is quick to say I love you and doesn’t mind seeing me once in a while.

            Seth mowed the front lawn and picked flowers for me in the back.  I am glad he does the flowers because those are weeds thinking about going to seed!  He smiled when I told him I appreciate that he picks flowers for me.  He knows I won’t display them at the table but is kind enough to put forth the effort.  He also didn’t have to mow the back lawn because the grass is not growing in this heat, just those flowers.

            Seth did ask for help registering and I am very glad we had a student helper assigned to our case.  We did everything online and needed assurance and direction.  Did we do it right?  How many credits are needed?  How many credits are too much?  Did we just accept a loan we didn’t want?  Aghhhhh.  All fears were laid to rest when we went over everything with Effran – he was very helpful.

            I love that Seth is playing with his new VR headset.  He doesn’t sit as much and is moving around a lot more.  Bobby can even play his games at the same time because Seth is off to the side and on his own computer.  How fun, even if they are talking to people online it’s not too loud for each other.

            Bobby came home safe from one camp and will be going to another soon.  Tis the season.  He enjoyed being a counselor to grade-schoolers and showed me a picture someone’s mom sent him.  The child was passed out in the car on the way home.   Happy times.

            We are thankful for the Brumfield’s who gave us a gift certificate to the Old Spaghetti Factory for our anniversary.  We celebrated again and enjoyed a walk after that amazing food.  Yay for love, celebration, and being together.

            May you find joy in God’s beautiful nature, perspective in the ikky parts of life, and peace in knowing that God is in control (thank goodness I am not).  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment