Monday, December 21, 2020

12/21/20

 

Dear Family,

 

            Merry almost Christmas!  We are so blessed!  The rain is pouring down and it reminds me of how God showers us with blessings.  Would you believe it is possible to have a socially distant Christmas party?  Bobby manages to pull off some pretty amazing events.  I am so glad to be a part of them.

            At the youth group Christmas party there was one white elephant gift among the others.  It was literally a ceramic white elephant.  Seth’s turn came up and he stole it from the sad person.  Bobby and I were both impressed.  Seth has grown up and come full circle.  He is willing to sacrifice so that younger people can be happy.

            I overheard Adriel telling her friends “No, I won’t drive you to Tualatin.  Do you know how much gas money that is?”  Yay, Adriel has learned how to say no. 

            Bobby visits his parents often and I love that he is a good son.  May our children follow his example and visit with us when we are older and possibly lonely.

            Bobby and I had a lovely conversation about how I believe my Pokémon are the best type of collection to have.  I don’t have to dust them and they live where moth and rust do not destroy.  Yup, I believe we might just have Pokémon Go in heaven.  Bobby disagrees about this theory of the Cloud.  What is the cloud if it is not Heaven?

            Bobby and I had a lovely date this week.  I brought home some food and we enjoyed sitting together as Seth laughed with his friends' feet away on the computer.  The atmosphere was good enough and we enjoyed yummy food.  That is what it is these days.  There is no way I am going to eat in those plastic-covered domes downtown.  Looks like everyone is freezing.

            May you find joy even in these circumstances.  Mary and Joseph did and they didn’t even have cell phones, indoor plumbing, or electricity.

Hugs,

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment