Monday, January 20, 2020

1/20/2020


Dear Family,
                ‘Sneaker Cell Comedian’ is my friend’s definition of Seth.  You do not know he is there.  You do not know he was listening to every word.  Out comes a hilarious comment spot on in the conversation.  I love Seth’s sense of humor.  Bobby was concerned about a lost bone in the dish he made.  He was warning us for the third time while we ate.  Seth made a loud choking sound – it was perfect!
                Bobby amazes me with his joy of cooking.  He can spend hours, stay home all day and love it.  I enjoy our wonderful dinners together!  We also had a lovely time out because of another Christmas gift certificate.  I am thankful for families that love us.
                Adriel continues to be sweet when I see her.  I enjoyed spending some time teaching her boyfriend Chris how to drive.  He is a great driver.  He just needs more time and confidence.  My heart only stopped once when I expected us to turn left but he went straight.  Oh, the angst of not being in control. 
                I am praying for God’s will as I wait for an answer from my dream job.  May he direct my steps.  May he also direct yours as well.  May we feel peace and joy as we trust and obey the one who loves us most.  We had a great sermon on Sunday.  I was reminded that power comes from our active dependence and petition to the Lord.  Much Love,


Cristy


PS in another dimension I know angels are watching over us.  In yet another dimension Pokemon are out there - everywhere.  I really do enjoy playing the game and see the spiritual significance.  Battles are being waged.  Territory is being taken, sides are winning.  Are we part of the fight?  Are we on a side?  Do we even notice?  (I'm not talking about Pokemon I'm talking about spiritual warfare - prayer is our biggest weapon - crying out to God gives us power against temptation.)

Also - in honor of one of God's Warriors I copied this from the Dear Abby of today: Today we remember the birthday of Rev. Martin Luther King Jr., who in 1968 was martyred in the cause of civil rights. In that time of insanity, his was a voice of reason when he eloquently preached, "Love is the only force capable of transforming an enemy into a friend."


No comments:

Post a Comment