Monday, April 22, 2019

Happy Easter


Dear Family,
            Happy Easter!  How wonderful to celebrate the power God has over death.  How amazing to realize he did it for love.  Sacrificial love is His example and sacrificial love is His command.  John 13:34 says, “Love one another. As I have loved you, so you must love one another.” How beautiful to see this in action.  Bobby cooked several meals this week and we are blessed.  Seth and Bobby mowed different parts of the lawn so it’s beautiful. 
            More blessings include:
            Seth is memorizing verses for a camp scholarship.  Even though it’s hard work I am glad he is willing to do this and enjoys going to camp.
            Seth has said, “The quota has been fulfilled,” when hugging me.  He also has let me hug him twice.  How sweet of him!
            Adriel complimented me about teaching her some financial wisdom.  She said she has never lacked clothing or food and she is glad to know how to live with less money.  She said, “Sometimes I wish dad was a Doctor and would just pay my college but it’s also good to know how to be wise with money.”  Adriel shopped with a friend who had a $700 budget for jeans that day.  She was flabbergasted and wondered how we do it.  I would like to pass this compliment on to my mother.  She taught me how to be wise with a budget.  It all starts with saving half of what we make at 5 years old.  Thanks, mom – for instilling the ability to save up for items, life, and pitfalls in general.
            Adriel drew two pictures for me this week and I love them.  Our books are coming along.  I am excited for what the future holds.
            Adriel told Seth she loves him way more than she loves her friends.  This because he knows enough not to put pennies in her car vent.  I don't just believe her words I see their actions.  I have so many pictures of them being kind to each other.

            Bobby is wonderful to play games with and to walk with.  I enjoy walking parks, streets, and paths but life in general.  I am glad to walk through life with my wonderful husband.
            I am also glad to have several families to enjoy.  Or birth families are wonderful.  Also, being adopted into the Duval family is fabulous as well.  We are so glad to be invited to their family functions and to enjoy Easter dinner after church.  Puzzles, games, great talks and lively discussion.  So much love.  Who could ask for more?
            May you also enjoy the walk you have chosen.  May God’s salvation bring you peace, joy, and wonder.  May you find strength in knowing how much God loves you.

Hugs,




Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment