Monday, April 1, 2019

Creature Feature

Dear Family,
                The world of games!  How fun to play a game that keeps my interest.  How fun to play with the one I love.  Bobby asked me if I wanted to walk with him and I love walks!  He asked if I would play Pokémon Go and be his Poké friend.  If it meant we would be able to take more walks together I am in.  How fun.  I enjoy the cute creatures and that I can put them in pictures with friends and family.
                We were so blessed that my parents came down to visit.  They sang Happy Birthday to Adriel and celebrate her 18th early.  I was also glad they joined the Pokémon game and became my friend.  It will be interesting to see if they keep playing and bring different creatures next time we visit.

                While my dad was signing up he was talking to himself, “What Is your Birthdate . . . Hmmmm.  Oh . . . It says I’m too old!”  Seth was listening.  “Really?”  It was funny to hear this interaction.  The notion that someone could be too old for a game might make sense to a teen.
                Seth was a delight this week.  He mowed the lawn, helped move sand at Camp Tapawingo, and helped move bark dust at our house.  For the sand, Seth said, “That was kind of fun.”  Seth also enjoyed Nerf Wars.  What a full spring break.
Seth did get sick for one day.  I brought him to the Dr. worried it might be influenza.  Crazy thing, He felt better in one day.  I did have to laugh when the Dr. was poking Seth’s face saying, “Does this hurt?”  She did this on four quadrants and he was so surprised he was flinching.  It seemed too random and ridiculous for someone to poke anyone’s face like that.  It didn’t hurt.
                Bobby cooked several times this week.  I love that he enjoys picking the food we eat and being creative.  It is hard to please four different people.  I am glad I don’t even have to try.
                Adriel took me out to ice cream this week.  I enjoyed spending some time with her.  She also enjoyed reconciling the credit card.  Sometimes she feels poor because she already spent the money she made.  This time she had a nice paycheck and only overspent $8.00.  It is always fun to feel rich. 
                Adriel was also glad to be asked to Prom with a sweet sign.  The boy put effort into the ask.  How nice.   
                May you enjoy peace with those you encounter.  May you be glad to be alive.  May your joy be from God up above.  Hugs J Cristy

                

No comments:

Post a Comment