Monday, June 18, 2018

6/18/18 Happy Fathers Day

Dear Family,

                God’s blessings are for us all.  This week we celebrate the blessing of Fathers.  We all have one!  I am thankful for a Dad that loves me unconditionally, has raised me well and has always been there for me.  I am blessed to know him and have him in my life.
                I have also been blessed by fruit this week.  School wasn’t out yet, and I had Strawberries, Raspberries, and Cherries looking bountiful.  I also had ordered 30 pounds of Strawberries that were available for pickup starting Thursday night.  Thursday was my last day of school.  I felt overwhelmed by how much fruit I needed to pick and even scared about the thirty pounds of strawberries.  What if I had to cut all the stems off?  How much are 30 pounds?  Aghhhhh!  But it turned out friends on Facebook were (and are) more than willing to pick fruit for me.  The strawberry order was already cut up.  And Cherries dry very well.  I did not feel overwhelmed by the end of Friday.  Yay!!!
                Seth and Adriel also helped pick cherries.  Their daily chore is 100 items per day (weeds, or fruit).  I am grateful they were helping.  We had hundreds of Cherries, more than any year before.  I am glad Seth is taller than me.  He reached the tallest cherries after I picked what I could.
                Bobby had the youth groups over this week which is always fun.  Junior High was over on Tuesday, and High school was over on Wednesday.  I am blessed that Bobby will clean it all up.  He even mopped.
                Adriel came downstairs and sat with me during the Junior High Barbeque.  She is great company, and I love her.  She taught me how to use Instagram, and now I’ll post pictures on there more often (especially since it just copies to Facebook anyway).

                A Junior High girl said Seth is nice to her and that encouraged me.  Seth seems a little on the; Grumpy old man, side of things so I was glad to hear he is nice to people.  That may be why people like him.  Adriel also mentioned Seth is nice to her.  He does carry things for her, and he covers for her whenever Bobby or I think she should do more around the house.
                Seth let me know when Net Neutrality died.  He keeps me up to date on the important things in life.
                I love it when anyone in our family gives me things to sell.  I am very glad to get rid of clutter.  I also enjoy the happy Ebay feedback.
                Bobby loves strawberries and pound cake.  It was glad to make some pound cake on Friday and enjoyed his reaction when he found out about it.  Yay for happy surprises.  Bobby even barbequed his own Fathers day dinner.  It was fabulous, and I enjoyed spending time together as a family.
               
                I am glad Adriel is working.  She has many places she wants money to go.  It’s fun seeing her dressed up so cute and serving.  She is a good worker.  She also has great stories when she comes home.  All people are funny.  She mentioned when it came time for dessert two people just wanted more salad dressing.  Goodness!
                Adriel wanted to watch “Wrinkle in Time” with me.  The new movie was not as good as the book, but it was enjoyable being with Adriel and reminiscing about how she remembers, “A Wrinkle in time” as being her favorite movie as a child.  We liked the old movie better.  Sometimes things are best left in the past.
                  May you find joy in reminiscing and peace for your future.  May you feel God’s leading in your life and may you relax knowing He has your back.
Much Love,

Cristy
               
               


                

No comments:

Post a Comment