Monday, June 11, 2018

6/11/18 Happy Graduation!

Dear Family,
                Sometimes blessings can be a surprise.  Sometimes they are just joy and sometimes they are just the peace in the midst of the storm.  Right now I feel sad because Ripley has not come home since Thursday morning around 4 AM.  She loved being petted that morning and purred but then went outside and never came back.  I don’t know if she will – I have searched all the roads around and see no remains.  As it is, I was blessed with her presence when she was here.  Please pray that she comes back, there is a part of me that thinks she has been cheating on us with a family that might feed her wet cat food.  She has been gone two days before as well – or maybe she chased a mouse far and wide then looked up and is lost.  I don’t know.  Either way, when she comes back it will be a super wonderful blessing.
                Adriel enjoys her job serving elderly people food.  She has a cute bow tie and has great stories already.  One person said, “If I see any more pineapple I’ll scream”.  Another commented to Adriel’s trainer, “She is gorgeous.”   Adriel didn’t mind being complimented.  She can handle it.  Adriel also had another job offer but had to turn it down.  How fun – her applications were finally reviewed.
                Adriel was able to play in the band for her High School graduation.  I am glad she was able to attend and give hugs to her friends.  What a bittersweet time.

                I am very glad Adriel is trying her best to cover her bases.  Before she asked to go to a friend’s house she cleaned her room and bathrooms.  Good for her! 
                Adriel has a very amazing ability.  She sleep-obeyed this week.  I woke her up for church this morning and asked her to sign a card.  She did so and I left for church.  Later I heard she was frustrated that she woke up late???  Apparently, she had no recollection of signing the Birthday card and slept through the entire process!  Maybe I should have her do more stuff while she is asleep!
                Seth does not enjoy walking home but I am glad he is able to when none of us are available to give him a ride.  He’s taller than any of us and we are not worried he will be abducted. 
                Seth continues to love watermelon.  I am glad for that.  It’s a fruit and as a lunch lady, for some reason, I am very invested in all kids eating a fruit or veggie.
                I love how Seth tries to hide a smile.  He came downstairs and wondered what he had done that for.  I said, “To give me a big hug!” and grabbed him, he denied this but I saw him smile.  He’s adorable.
                Seth’s dry humor also entertains me.  He said, “Why in the world did you buy that?”  I said, “It was only a dollar!”  He agreed, “Oh, wow!  They really did force you to buy it.”
                Bobby cooked a wonderful meal this week.  I am so glad he enjoys being creative in the kitchen.  I don’t have to cook and he’s very glad to.  Bobby also thanks me for participating in youth group.  It’s nice that he is glad when I come.  I am glad that Bobby doesn’t expect me to attend the myriad of graduation parties he’s going to.  I have other things to do and it’s OK that I don’t go.  Although, it’s also OK if I do have time for one or two.  There are just so many!
                In this time of celebration and joy may you be glad for the passing of time and for the rites of passage that show we are growing up.  May you embrace growth, change and God’s work in your life.  Much love,


Cristy
               

                

No comments:

Post a Comment