Monday, February 5, 2024

2/5/24

 

Dear Family,

 

               Sickness is never fun.  Bobby came down with a cold Sunday evening and slept most of the day Monday.  I am glad he was feeling better by Tuesday because he rallied, made the lesson for youth group and led just fine.  Our youth are so loving, full of life and fun.  I truly enjoy their banter and company.

               One joke that fell flat was when someone questioned a blank.  A person said, “He thought it was hamburger!”  The word was totally unrelated to “Heart” but it was fun that people were interacting, learning and wrestling with the lesson and text.  I love it when we are engaged and learning about God.

               Wednesday night the High School group was fabulous and friendly.  Because someone was talking at the beginning of lesson time Bobby asked them to start the group off in prayer.  This worked quite well.  Later at the beginning of prayer time, requests were handed out.  We had more people willing to pray than requests.  This meant that we ran out.  There was a small outcry of sadness but the person who was sad reconciled with – “It’s OK, I opened the group in prayer.”   

Bobby mentioned he was at 80% capacity when he made a mistake at High school group.  This became a running joke as Bobby seemed a little off and people mentioned that now he was at 77%.  Oh dear, someone wasn’t helpful so now Bobby is at 72%. 

               Even though Bobby had a cold he made several yummy dishes on Thursday.  Bobby, Seth, and I enjoyed them.  I am thankful Bobby not only cooks but was thinking about us while he would be gone on men’s retreat.  He is very sweet.

               I am so glad Adriel rang me up and had me help with her FASFA which was due this week.  She helped me get Seth to do his.  Yikes – last minute things are best done immediately.  I am also glad she texts me when she doesn’t have time for a call.  I like knowing she is alive.

               May you learn to get things done as they are due.  May you prioritize tasks well.  May you find strength in knowing our Lord Jesus and His immense, wonderful love.  Hugs,

 

 

Cristy


No comments:

Post a Comment