Monday, February 19, 2024

2/19/24

 


Dear Family,

 

               My heart was warmed to see an old friend at church Sunday morning.  I enjoyed walking and talking with her for years.  During greeting time, I had to bring Seth over so she would see how he had grown.  Although Seth didn’t remember her, he said, “I don’t remember much from my grade school years, but I know I was difficult to deal with back then so thank you for taking care of me.”  My heart melted and I felt so blessed that he was thankful.  (And is – Sunday school teachers, teachers, office staff – all of you – thank you for bringing Seth up with me.)  Seth is a wonderful, responsible, God-fearing young man and you all helped us through those years.

               Adriel has answered my calls, and I am so glad to know she is alive.  I can’t imagine working full time, going to school full time and volunteering, yet that is what Adriel does.  But wait, that is what Bobby did when the kids were little.  Both have amazing energy levels and I continue to be in awe of all they set out to do and then accomplish.  Wow!

               Tuesday night was so full of one-liners I am very glad I wrote them down.  Greetings are usually fun, joyful and may include a hug.  This time, as most of us were facing the wall because gutter ball is there.  One person came in and stole his friend’s hat.  This immediately brought a response of, “I have head lice, I swear.”  Middle school is the epitome of awkwardness.

               When the line needed to move, I sang, “Get a little closer. With Arid extra dry,” to someone tapping them to let them know which way to go.  Another person had to say, “Ooooooh, you just got Cristied!”  I don’t quite know what that means but it made me laugh anyway.

               To start the lesson out Bobby asked, “What’s the deal with Valentines?”  The most fun answer was, “It’s singles awareness day.”

               Bobby proceeded to talk about “True love in . . . . true friendship.”  He was speaking about how to pick good friends.  When he mentioned we should choose friends that are ‘loving.’ A young man said, “Ewwww, this is disgusting.”  Youth are so fun. 

               I don’t remember why Bobby mentioned the movie, “The Secretariat” But he gave the ending away when he said, “The horse had no problem running faster than any other horse and won.”  Rich had to add, “But the ending was so sad, they had to shoot the horse because it wouldn’t stop running.”  I had to mention, “Spoiler alert!”  And this brought much confusion, questions and pondering.   I can’t tell you what really happened.  You must watch the movie.

               The High schoolers were also fabulously awkward about valentines.  The boys wrote each other cards and then blushed when asked to share.  A youth even used AI to write a Valentine verse to a fellow classmate with rhyming, talk of undying love and asking his friend to be his valentine.  Blushing is adorable.  This time I took some pictures of the game Honey if you love me.  Permission was asked.  Aren’t youth fun 😊?

               Bobby did go to the Dr. for his cough.  It’s been a couple of weeks.  He doesn’t have pneumonia so that is good.  Please pray for him and Seth to get better and for me not to get this nasty cold. 

               My prayer for you is for God’s love to be evident in your life.  May you be so filled with His love that you shine like the stars in the universe.  This is from Philippians 2:14-15, “1Do everything without grumbling or arguing, so that you may become blameless and pure, “children of God without fault in a warped and crooked generation. Then you will shine among them like stars in the sky.”  Good stuff.  Love,

 

 

Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment