Monday, February 12, 2024

2/12/24

 


Dear Family,

 

               When Bobby makes enchiladas, Adriel feels excited just thinking about it.  We mentioned he made them over the phone to her and she said, “Mmmm.”  This gives Bobby joy. He is glad when people want to eat his food.

               Tuesday night Middle School group had laughter, fun and joy.  We are a welcoming group, and I am glad when the kids are excited to see each other. When Bobby asked the group, “What is your favorite gift?”  There was much to say.  Bobby did have to mention that Rich is going to have a new name soon. It will be Grandpa! Someone had to pipe up with, “Now he’s officially old.”

               Wednesday night was filled with love, kindness, respect, and some funny moments. Because the lesson included 2nd Corinthians 2:14-16 Bobby talked about how we are to smell like Christians. This brought up some interesting discussion. One person said, “I smell like nothing.”  Bobbys response was, “Well, nothing is better than the smell of death and decay.”  This could be taken two ways. I had to laugh when someone questioned if Bobby liked the smell of death and decay.

                Thursday, I enjoyed camaraderie with friends at home group. I like that people are praying with us and that we can discuss God’s word together. If you have not started a home group yet you might think about joining ours. It is fun 😊.

               Friday Bobby and I celebrated Valentines at Chiras. I am so glad we figured out that I need to celebrate love early or on the day of. I feel as though we prioritized us. This makes my heart sing. Valentines’ Day will be a fun day also, but we will be with the youth group so, not too romantic, and that is fine.

               I am glad for days when I can rest with Bobby and enjoy being. Saturday was a fabulous evening after a full day of work. I genuinely enjoy relaxing with Bobby in the evenings.

               May you also enjoy the simple happy feeling of relaxing after a long day. We are so blessed with a roof over our heads!  May you rejoice in being loved by God. Jesus loves you so much!

Hugs,

 

 

Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment