Monday, November 6, 2023

11/6/23



 Dear Family,

 

            I forgot how fun Harvest parties can be.  Small children are experiencing everything for the first time, and they are so adorable!  Candy is yummy and although they might not understand what is happening people are taking pictures, we are smiling and there is an abundance of joy.  I am glad I participated in our church gathering.  (Thank you Sarah for taking a picture and sending it to me :-).)

            Wednesday, we had a fun youth group where Bobby talked about living out our faith real instead of monster-like.  It was fun to hear creative blank ideas.  The way to combat Werewolf faith (changing your personality to go with the crowd) is Humble c---------.  Bobby’s hint was, “When you admit you are wrong.”  Someone shouted out, “Crying!”  (That one was confession.)  I enjoy figuring out the blanks myself but even better is what the youth come up with.

            One student was intrigued when he saw the sign with his name on it.  Yes, we do discriminate against him alone.  He must stand on the side with glass behind him for gutter ball.  That ball has hit the glass so many times because of his amazingly powerful throws.   (We should have added the Hulk's name to the sign as well.)

            Thursday Bobby cooked yummy French onion pasta.  I truly enjoy coming home to a great meal.  Bobby sure is a keeper.  I also like that he fast-forwards parts of a movie I won’t enjoy.  This is a two-part bonus.  The movie goes quicker #1 and I don’t have to watch conflict #2.  I don’t like anything scary or people being mean or violent.  Unless it’s superheroes – they are cool.

            I truly enjoy working and I am glad Bobby likes that I get out of the house and work.  He’s supportive and I appreciate that.

            Saturday, we enjoyed time to relax and watch the old movie, “War games.”  It was interesting to get Seth’s, “Why would they give the computer that much power?”  Somehow the movie was declared iconic and left at that.  I enjoy watching old movies with Seth’s out-of-the-box perspective (when he chooses to look at the screen).

            Bobby had to complain about our wall clock when he changed it for daylight savings time.  There is a crack in the face, but you can only tell when you get close.  I said, “I like it, and want to keep it.  You can’t tell it’s cracked from here at all.”  Bobby mentioned, “Maybe that’s why you still think I’m attractive.” 

            May you also see the good in what you have.  May you love the one you are with and be kind to all you encounter.  May you find joy in each instance of beauty that surrounds us.  May you feel God’s love as you encounter His creation.  Love and hugs,

 

 

Cristy



No comments:

Post a Comment