Monday, April 24, 2023

4/24/23

 Dear Family,  

 

 

                I appreciate Bobby taking the time to be with me and to cook for us.  Monday we enjoyed shopping together and talking.  Because we spent over $50 together and I had clipped a coupon earlier on the off chance. . we got $10 off.  How fun!  We are better together.  I am glad he is kind and takes care of us.

                Adriel is so lovely!  She called and chatted with Bobby and me about what is interesting in her life.  I am blessed to be her mom.   She also chatted with my friend and me another day.  My friend mentioned that she is the light of my life and how proud I am of Adriel.  Apparently, I don’t say it enough because Adriel was touched.  I am totally proud of Adriel’s independent spirit, stick-to-itiveness, and perseverance.  Adriel is willing to work super hard to achieve her goals and it’s more than impressive.  It’s astounding.

                Adriel also chatted with me Thursday evening and said she is glad she moved to Portland.  She has nostalgia when visiting Salem but is stretching her wings, networking, and growing leaps and bounds out on her own.  Oh, my heart!

                Adriel also enjoys reselling thrift store or Estate sale finds.  She said she learned from the best because I have been selling things online since before she was born.

                When I asked Seth to join our family on a trip to Chicago, he mentioned it was “Enough of a culture shock visiting Seattle” as one of the reasons he doesn’t want to go.  He is willing to take care of the cat.  I didn’t expect him to go with us, but it would have been nice.

                Seth cleaned the downstairs bathroom, and I am very glad he took the initiative on that.  I like it when he is helpful around the house. 

                Tuesday night at youth group I enjoyed a new twist on the game Chess.  Forget all the thought, it’s now ‘Flick chess’.  Take a piece off, aim, and flick another piece at the other side.  All pieces that fly are now taken off.  Simple and way more fun than traditional chess.   An extra bonus is how much this disturbs Bobby, he doesn’t want any pieces lost and complains loudly that we are doing it wrong.  Hilarious!

                During Song time Bobby asked a youth, “Are you eating chips and singing at the same time?”  He seemed surprised there wasn’t much of a mess.

                The High school group also delighted in flick chess.  Smiles and laughter are way more fun than frowns and deep thought in my books.  Since our group was smaller Bobby had me go for an ice cream run.  I came back with the DQ bag right as he was saying, “We need to switch our focus on heavenly things more than earthly.”  I stood there a bit waiting to see if I should bring out the dilly bars.  When I turned to put them in the freezer Bobby stopped me and asked, “What are you doing?”  I said, “Switching these focus to the freezer?”  Nope, it was time to serve the ice cream even though it seemed the opposite of the lesson.

                Later in the lesson, Bobby had the group laughing when he asked, “What desires in your life wage war against God?  Is it pushing ___________ down the stairs?”  This may have been a legitimate concern; I never did get a straight answer out of the group.

                Thursday Bobby and I discussed refining some behaviors in our relationship.  Maybe getting his goat doesn’t need to be one of my major priorities and a whole lot of other things. 

                Bobby took out the garbage and cleaned our bathroom which was very kind.  I am blessed when he helps at home.  We are also praying a lot more for each other, for our children, and about how we can grow as a couple.  We are in discussion about how we will move forward.  It is good to bring things to God.  He is a wonderful counselor, caring, and comforting.

                Friday, we had a lovely date and began talking about a trip Bobby has been planning for us.  We will enjoy exploring a state Bobby has never been to before and were hoping to bring the kids.  Also, we figured that I would buy a different chess set so he won’t worry about his pieces being damaged or lost when people play flick chess.

                I hadn’t spoken to my parents in a while and I found out Dad went to the hospital with Pneumonia when the first thing he said after, “Hello,” was, “I’m alive!”  Goodness!  I may have never found out!  Please pray for my parents as they navigate this new health issue. 

                Thank you for walking with me on this journey called life.  Your prayers make a huge difference.  Your love warms my heart.  May you also be warmed, feel loved and appreciated.  Hugs,

 

 

Cristy

PS, this picture is of regular chess.  But it is still a fun picture.





No comments:

Post a Comment