Monday, April 17, 2023

4/17/23

 Dear family,

                I am so glad for our church and the love we feel while being there and participating.  I enjoy singing together, cookies between services, hearing the message, and fellowship.  Easter Sunday Bobby and I were able to do Sunday school for the 0–5-year-olds (we had 3–5-year-olds attend) first service.  It was fun to play with little ones, experience water cups, and one who put all the water in his mouth.  When Bobby asked, “What shouldn’t we do?” I answered, “Make him laugh.”  Well, I shouldn’t have said that.  Anyway, we had fun and I believe we will enjoy being grandparents later. 

                Adriel sold her car this week, so it was good of her to let me know she is still alive.  City living still freaks me out.

                Seth was kind with hugs on Sunday when I had sadness.  He also said, “I love you,” a lot and that was very kind.

                During the Middle School group, the youth were chagrined to find a lunch bag under their seats.  They wondered what would make them barf.  This brought much discussion and Bobby said they would have to wait and see.  I “did an errand” during song time.  Lesson time was good with insight like, “There’s a better way to live life.  Don’t be mean to ______.”  And the student Bobby was talking to was adorable.  He looked around and up at the sky, “What could it be?”  Anyway, all the guessing about barf bags had an end.  One person said they knew what we would be doing.  A late easter egg hunt!  How fun.

                Before the High school group started Bobby brought me aside to talk about hiding eggs.  He wanted to figure out if we should do the hunt outside or inside.  I pointed to the downpour outside and laughed at Bobby’s surprise.  Indoors it was.  Thank goodness Bobby planned to take the High School group out to bless some of our shut-ins.

                To announce his plans after the group was gathered Bobby asked, “What do you call elderly people who can’t leave their home?”  The unanimous, instantaneous answer was “Rich” in reference to the one Bobby likes to tease about being old.  “No,” Bobby persevered, “It has two words”.  Finally, someone got “Shut in” and they were off to give presents and joy. 

                One student came in wearing a Mario hat.  Bobby asked if he wore it to school and the answer was “No” – no hats at school allowed.  Bobby had to tease, “Because you might be a Gangster of Warrio!”

                Youth group truly is fun and I am also glad for rest.    The ability to sleep and enjoy life to the full.  Bobby and I relaxed Thursday and enjoyed a Corban dinner Saturday.  Having time together is pleasant.  I also enjoyed the company of friends from church at Corban.  Good times.

                May you find strength in the rest God gives.  May you enjoy good times and persevere through the bad.  May you find love in all you encounter.

                Much love,

 

 

Cristy



PS, this is the time of year when I see last year's work has paid off.  Baby sunflowers are coming up all over the yard.  I threw them on the ground like the parable of the seed Sower.   I don’t know if they made it over the winter till now.  How exciting.  We will have sunflowers again this year.  That’s God working – we don’t always see the results, they come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment