Monday, February 21, 2022

2/21/22

 Dear Family,

 

                Looking back on the week gives me a feeling of how fast time flies!  Was it just days ago that we had Valentine’s day?  It feels like forever ago.  Oh, but what a great Valentine it was!  Bobby and I spent the day in Dundee, Yamhill, and Newburg.  We enjoyed an amazing lunch at the Dundee Bistro compliments of Paul and Lucille Alley.  (Thank you for the Christmas gift card our friends!)  We walked the towns, talked about love and faith.  Linked arms and fought to take over Pokémon gyms.  We enjoyed our time together and celebrated love.

                Youth Group was fun.  Bobby announced a Spring Break event coming up to the Middle School group.  If they come to our house and help with yard work they can earn a t-shirt or part of a sweatshirt.  This brought up a side discussion.  “I’ll get a sleeveless hoodie and you can earn one of the sleeves.”            

The next night at High School Youth Group Bobby had us read 1 Samuel 8:1-7.  Bobby asked, “Who was supposed to be Israel’s King?”  One youth said, “David?”, another said, “Samuel?”  Bobby said, “No, God!”  And a youth quipped, “Welllll, we tried.”  The rapid succession of these comments was hilarious.  I hope it translates onto paper.

                I decided to get a motion-detecting skittering rat toy for our cat.  Bobby did not like this idea and said, “But what about the therapy I’ll need?”  I told him he might need therapy anyway and he said, “Tell me about your rat?” as though he was a therapist. 

                Bobby is on a spiritual retreat with the High School group right now.  To get the youth up to the mountains he needed to borrow a suburban.  (Thank you so much Debbie for that!)  So Bobby traded his car for the big black one on Tuesday because that was a convenient time.  Then we went to bed.  Meanwhile, Seth came home from work around 9:30 PM and was alarmed.  He went inside and asked, “Dad?!  Is there anyone robbing our house?” 

                Adriel visited and I enjoyed seeing and talking with her.  The visit is worth putting her laundry in the dryer. 

I am thankful for Adriel’s boyfriend Abdullah.  This week we had a new family visit the grocery store I work at.  Mom didn’t speak, Dad had broken English and the son spoke little English.  They had a list and asked me to help them find everything.  I was happy to help.  When they were picking out peanut butter I was asked, “Is this Halal?”  I didn’t think so but was able to contact Abdulla who is the only Muslim I know and he helped me out.  My panic turned to assurance and I am blessed to be getting to know another culture.  I do not want my words to cause anyone to feel like they are sinning.

May you also grow, learn, and adapt.  May you find strength in loving all the people you encounter.  May God’s love pour out of you in the same abundance it is poured into you.  Much love,

 

 

 

Cristy





No comments:

Post a Comment