Sunday, September 20, 2020

9/20/2020 Will it ever end?

 

Dear Family,

 

            Who knew the beauty of blue in the sky would be so exciting!  I am so glad our smoke problem was temporary.  I took clear skies for granted.  Did you?  A friend had me write 50 things I was thankful for four weeks in a row.  It took about ten minutes a day (I was allowed to repeat but not to look back and write the same thing).  If you do this it is refreshing, eye-opening, and helpful.  We take so much for granted.  Forcing ourselves to be thankful, write down what we are thankful for – this is purposeful rejoicing – what God calls us to do in Philippians 4:4 when he says, “Rejoice in the Lord always.”

            I took every clean breath for granted.  What about every breath?  Our very existence is from God and for Him.  May we bless those we love with pure thankfulness that they exist.

            Adriel was very sweet this week.  I love her hugs and when I told her I missed her she admitted she felt the same way.  I love her hugs.  We went thrift store shopping and it was fun to be together.

            Seth has started school.  He is content with his schedule and classes.  I heard of all the headaches and crying that other families experience.  Seth said, “Don’t worry about me mom, worry about the teachers.”  Seth also pulled weeds.  They keep popping up.  My Seth is a blessing.

            Bobby cooked several amazing meals this week and remains my true love.  He also prayed with me for wisdom and I desperately needed that. 

            Bobby was very happy to lead the youth group this week.  He is glad to serve, excited to have people come, and remains a wonderful leader. 

            I feel sad that my teens have fear for the future.  They do not believe they are invincible like I did.  They wear their masks dutifully and want everyone to (especially their grandparents).  We are each taking COVID in our way. 

            In the midst of all this, may you find your foundation to be God’s love, his promises, and his Peace.  May you feel his loving arms wrap around you.  May you feel His Spirit comfort you.  May you be glad for every breath and may your heart soar as you smile even if no one else can see it.

Hugs, Cristy

PS Seth was happily holding Skyra and I had to take a picture :-).




No comments:

Post a Comment