Monday, May 18, 2020

5/18/2020

Dear Family,

            For by your words you will be acquitted, and by your words, you will be condemned." (Matt 12:37)  Sometimes, words are all we have.  May we use them wisely even in jest.

            This week I enjoyed writing things down when my children said them.  Adriel didn’t know Seth hates pineapple on Pizza.  She hasn’t been around much and our entire family was surprised at her lack of knowledge regarding one of Seth’s platforms.  He firmly holds to the belief that pineapple on pizza could be the destruction of our world as we know it.  Adriel’s rebuttal, “Pineapple on pizza is a gift from God.”

            Seth was online with friends and mentioned an older game he bought from the Church rummage sale.  His response to the person on the other side, “You don’t know x!  Do you live under a rock or something?”

            Seth mentioned that I have bought way too many spatulas.  I mentioned that I have stopped this purchasing spree.  “Stores are closed.  Seth”.  He was frustrated and said, “It shouldn’t take a Global Pandemic for you to stop overbuying stuff mom!.”

            I am memorizing verses as Seth does.  It is nice that he listens to me recite as well.  One day it took a bit longer for me and finally, I got it.  Bobby asked Seth, “Did you let her off easy?”  Seth smiled to the affirmative.

            I set an alarm three times a day weekly to remind myself to Love, Worship, and Matter because I am reading a book called, “High Performance Habits,” by Brendon Burchard.   I want to be purposeful about my life.  It went off while the family was eating together and I mentioned it.  They asked how I am doing on these goals and I said, “Well, I’m loving you . . . ,“ Someone piped in that I do devotions in the morning so I worshiped today.  Adriel came in with, “You matter, you will do dishes later.”

            Adriel fell while skateboarding.  Her elbow and both palms of her hand are open sores.  She is hurting so please pray for her healing.  Her worst fear was that she had lost her bracelet.  I enjoyed walking a path later with her to search.  We found the spot she fell and looked for a bit.  She was talking of how, “At least we tried,” when I walked a bit down the path and my flashlight gleamed back.  I picked her bracelet up and felt like a hero.  Adriel was very kind.  I love her hugs.

            Bobby cooked an amazing meal and we had a great dinner together as a family.  Youth group is going well and Seth remains content at home.  I enjoyed a nice date with Bobby (at home) and the kids are in their own worlds so I don’t think they noticed.  I love walking with my Bobby and am glad he wants me along when he goes.

            Please pray with Bobby and Camp Tapawingo as they try to figure out summer camp and how they will do God's will in the middle of a Pandemic.

            May you find the outdoors to be a healing, blessed place.  May you count it all joy when we face the trials we are facing.  May we worship even amid hardship.

            Much love,

 

 

Cristy

PS a photo of my favorite Pokemon.  Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment