Monday, February 17, 2020

2/17/2020


Dear Family,

                “You have found me, but you better bring baby Yoda with you.”  The gas station attendants’ words sounded cryptic to me.  I felt confused and said, “What?”  He handed me this Valentine and I understood.  Putting Valentines in the gas tank area is fun for days that follow.

I love it when people are quick thinking!
                Bobby and I had a wonderful Valentine's meal and enjoyed some walks this week.  He also cooked dinner for all of us Monday and we enjoyed the company of our children.  Yay!  Bobby also cooked Saturday and it was fabulous.  Neither of us knew he would be the one who cooks dinners.  I am blessed by how our lives have turned out.
                Youth group had another bout of comedy gold.  When Bobby asked, “Can you summarize the scripture we just read?”  A student said, “Well there were a whole lot of big words that I don’t understand.” 
                Another student mentioned that “Basically I just want to be with Bobby 24/7 . . . Well, not in the bedroom.  I know what goes on in there.”    I love those kids. 
                And the best.  They asked, “Can we pinky pray?”  The girls were granted permission to hold pinkies for prayer.  Then a boy asked, “Can we Thigh pray?”  Hard no, no need for that kind of touching at youth group.
                Bobby mentioned that our cat has FOMO = Fear of Missing out.  She follows us around all the time. 
                Homegroup and prayer group are very comforting.  I am blessed that we can pray for each other, gather and fight Satan together.  The battle is real – our hugs and talk really do make the difference.
                Adriel gave us a wonderful Valentine's card this year.  Her heartfelt words will be treasured forever.  I enjoy our chats, hugs and saving Pokémon for her.
                Seth continues to be hilarious and fun.  I wish I immediately wrote his quips down.  He makes me laugh but I enjoy staying in the moment.  I don’t rush to write it down.  I’ll have to do that. 
                Seth agreed to help with janitorial needs temporarily.  He is being trained and will be ready when the need arises at Church.  Yay Seth!
                As you grow, learn and go may you choose to follow God’s path for your life.  May he be a light unto your path and may you go to him when questions arise.  Much Love,


Cristy

No comments:

Post a Comment