Monday, October 23, 2017

10/23/17

Dear Family,
                Have you ever found that if you are reading a good book, your entire life is coloured in beautiful hues of wonderment and joy?  Or . .  that whatever is happening in life right now is fine, but you wonder what will happen next in your read.  I am enjoying “Cape Refuge” by Terri Blackstock right now and it has helped me get through a very tough week.  I listen to it on MP3 in the car when I drive.  You can get these books from the Public library – free – it’s quite amazing.
                The hard part of my entire week, I can’t go into details, but I had to give Jonesy, our pet kitten, to a very nice lady who is excited to take care of him.  It broke my heart (so many tears) and I dreamed he came back.  God knows what is best.  I think I had put the kittens above God.  I needed to learn a lesson and be pruned.  God always needs to be first, I cannot have any idols.  We still have Ripley and she’s very happy (so much purring) so that is nice.
                The wonderful parts of my week are about the family.  We have great kids and a good marriage.  We have amazing parents to call for advice.  We have jobs that fit us perfectly.  We are so very blessed.
                At the beginning of the week when it was sunny, Seth mowed the lawn.  He cracks me up.  A task he doesn’t like can be broken into two parts or even three.  Sunday I tell him he has to mow the lawn tomorrow.  Monday he negotiates mowing only half the lawn.  Tuesday he does the rest.  I love that guy!  Seth did get sick this Wednesday after youth group.  He had a fever and now has a cough and barely any voice.  He had to miss school Friday and because of this, I stayed home this weekend which was a blessing since I needed to process what happened with Jonesy.
                Adriel sometimes has a problem with motivation.  She truly enjoys gaming when she has time for it.  She doesn’t notice that her chores need to be done unless I point it out.  Repeatedly.  I was too busy to help her priorities stay straight until Tuesday.  When I did crack down there was a bit of a tussle with giggles as I turned off the Wi-Fi while she was gaming.  This motivated her to clean her room and the bathrooms (something she should have done Saturday).  I am so glad that Adriel accepts responsibility calmly.  Many teens would not be able to handle the plug being pulled in the middle of gaming. 
                Adriel’s strength and stamina also amazes me.  The entire Marching Band practices in down pouring rain.  Adriel is not sick!  Teens are resilient!  Adriel said she is glad they don’t have to roll on the ground this year.  The year they had to roll on the ground in the rain was rough.  (Sure, it looked good but) I can’t even imagine.
                Bobby continues to make the bed which remains a blessing to me.  He take the time every day and that is wonderful.  He also thanks me for going to youth group which is a joy.  Adriel and Bobby have comforted me thru this kitten journey and I am blessed to have family that cares. 
                Bobby went to the pastor’s conference in Seaside with Pastor Marcus this year as both Seth and Kahori are sick.  God knows what needs to be done and I am sure it was a good bonding experience for them to share a room.  Please to pray with me for Kahori, Seth and even my mom as they are all not feeling well.
                May you find deep meaning even in the hard times.  May you accept correction as well as praise.  May you find joy in the mundane and peace in God’s loving presence.  Much love,


Cristy

                

1 comment:

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

    ReplyDelete